On November 20, Governor McCrory announced the appointment of seven individuals to the NC Military Affairs Commission, including:
- Retired General Dan McNeill (Cumberland County),
- Retired Brigadier General Paul Dordal (Cumberland County),
- Retired Brigadier General Mabry Martin (Forsyth County),
- MAJ GEN James N. Stewart (Mecklenburg County),
- Rear Admiral Steven Ratti (Brunswick County),
- Joy Thrash, Executive Director of the North Carolina Defense Business Association (Cumberland County), and
- Patricia Walker, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Materiel and Facilities (Wake County).