NC STRIVE 2016! Conference
Wednesday, June 15 2016, 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM [EST]
Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center, Sanford, North Carolina
2015 marked the inaugural conference for NC STRIVE (Student Transition Resource Initiative for Veteran’s Education), where we shared best practices to better serve our nation’s veterans, service members, and their families. This year we will continue to highlight best practices as we focus on TRANSITION—from military to academic, from DoD to VA care, and from student to the workforce.
The program will combine experts in the field, panel presentations, small breakout groups, Green Zone training, and exhibits. A panel of student veterans will provide their unique perspective on helpful services and supports during their time in higher education.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Governor’s Institute on Substance Abuse
- North Carolina Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- North Carolina Community College System
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities
- North Carolina National Guard
- University of North Carolina System
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Troops to Teachers, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Veterans Health Administration, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Benefits Administration, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Vet Centers, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Upward Bound Program, Central Carolina Community College
- Central Carolina Community College
- Harnett County Veterans Council
NC STRIVE 2016! is supported in part by block grant funding from the US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration through the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services; the University of North Carolina System; Central Carolina Community College; and the Harnett County Veterans Council.